Saturday, August 05, 2006

Comic Con 2006


Well, I know it's been a good 2 weeks since ComicCon ended, but I'm just now getting caught up. Work's been crazy. Shew! but I'm back for a brief entry. The image above is the last Frank Espinosa Sketchbook available at ComicCon. Frank was kind enough to let me have it and penned this great sketch that scolds me for not drawing enough. Here was the conversation (or what I can remember of it):

Frank: So what do you do, George?

Me: I'm an animator.

Frank: Oh? 2D or 3D?

Me: 3D

Frank: do you still draw?

Me: Ummmmmmm.......not so much as I'd like to

Frank: You should really keep drawing (furrowing his brow)


It was all in good fun, but still it's become that kick in the pants I needed to start up my sketchbook again.....so I have, and hopefully I'll be keeping it up to date, and maybe post it here. As long as work stays out of the way.

So thanks for everything Mr. Espinosa! You were a great person to meet and your comics are always inspiring.


G

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you lucky guy... you got to meet him! i can't to see them sketches!